Friday, October 14, 2011

Odou Monkey Park

Of all the places I’ve been to in Kochi, one that sticks out the most is my visit to the monkey park in Otsuki Town. I had often seen monkeys while driving around the mountains in Kochi, but for the first time I was able to get up close and see them in a relatively wild habitat.

The monkeys at this park are all wild, although they’ve become relatively comfortable around humans. For 500 yen you can buy food from the park keeper, but if the idea of having about twenty wild monkeys surround you with hungry looking eyes scares you, you might want to observe them from a distance.

It’s recommended that you don’t hold eye contact with the monkeys for too long, especially the bigger ones, since they might think that you are challenging their dominance. Also, keep an eye out on your car, as mine had one less antenna when I left the park.

Besides that, it’s amazing how comfortable these wild animals are around humans, and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in wildlife.

Hours: 9:00-16:00

Holidays: Mondays, second and fourth Tuesday of every month




大きな地図で見る

No comments:

Post a Comment