Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Kochi Lifestyle Q&A : Winter in Kochi is colder than you’d expect. Other than turning on the heater, what are some ways to keep warm?

   Kochi is called “Tropical Tosa” but can be surprisingly cold in the winter. The temperature can fall below 0℃ in January and February.
   Here are some tips from the KIA staff members in order to stay warm this winter.
 
○ Yutampo (hot water bottle)
   Add hot water to a container meant to be used as a hot water bottle, and put it under the blankets to warm them up before sleeping, or place it on your back or on your knees to keep warm. Metal hot water bottles were common in the past, but now there are bottles made from soft resin, which can be purchased for around ¥1000.
They stay warm for longer than you might expect, so please avoid moderate-temperature burns by putting on a cover.

○ Nabe (hot pot)
   Stay warm with food! We will introduce two types of hot pot which will keep your body toasty. There is no set rule for the contents of the hot pot, but here is an example.
・Kimchi Nabe
1. Boil water in a pot, and add Kimchi Nabe soup base. (No need to add water to the un-concentrated type which you can use as it is.)
2. Add vegetables of your choice (Napa cabbage, long green onion, shimeji mushroom, leeks), kimchi, tofu, pork belly meat (or seafood such as shrimp or scallops).
3. At the end, we recommend making a kind of risotto by adding white rice, or cook together with ramen or udon.
・Mizutaki (chicken hot pot)
1. Boil water and konbu (seaweed) in a pot. Take out the konbu after boiling for about 20 minutes.
2. Add vegetables of your choice (Napa cabbage, mizuna, carrots, long green onion, shimeji mushrooms, ginger), tofu, and chicken.
3. After the ingredients are cooked, eat with ponzu or sesame sauce.
4. At the end, we recommend making a kind of risotto by adding beaten egg, chopped green onions, and white rice.
 
○Shouga-yu (ginger tea)
   Kochi is famous throughout Japan for producing the most ginger in the country. In a mug, add honey and peeled and grated ginger. Add lemon if you’d like. You will feel warm from the inside out. It also works wonders on sore throats.
   Please keep warm and stay healthy this winter!

5 comments:

  1. Good post, I really impressed with your efforts. Keep it up. I also share deals on top hot cold water bottles. Must read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want the whole world to know about this spell caster I met
    two weeks ago, wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com I cannot say everything he has done for me my wife
    left me 3 years ago left with my kids I was going through online
    when I meant this wonderful man's testimony online I decided to
    give it a try and my wife is back to me now and we ar1e happily
    married again cause is too much to put in writing all I can say is
    thank you very much am very happy .and does alot of spell
    including Love Spell
    Death Spell
    Money Spell
    Power Spell
    Success Spell
    Sickness Spell
    Pregnancy Spell
    Marriage Spell
    Job Spell
    Protection Spell
    Lottery Spell
    Court Case Spell
    Luck Spell etc. In case you need his help contact him on this email
    address wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com he is a good man
    thanks.whatsapp number +234813 648 2342

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need personal loan?
    Loan for your home improvements,
    Mortgage loan,
    Debt consolidation loan,
    Commercial loan,
    Education loan,
    Car loan,
    Loan for assets.
    financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whatsapp +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want the whole world to know about this spell caster I met
    two weeks ago,  I cannot say everything he has done for me my wife
    left me 3 years ago left with my kids I was going through online
    when I meant this wonderful man's testimony online I decided to
    give it a try and my wife is back to me now and we are happily
    married again cause is too much to put in writing all I can say is
    thank you very much am very happy   Contact him today on oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT US ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete